GeniusJit

New Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
Hello,
I am writing this because i am curious if anyone has tried this before, it seems really obvious so it seems like something that would either be hard to pull off nowadays but i am curious if switching out items is worth trying. for example, lets say you had an older cpu and you ordered a newer one of the same brand and returned the old one in its place or perhaps you tried replaced a broken iphone and returned that in its place.
i am simply curious, i might experiment with this method in order to score a new cpu in the future but it is still a fun question.

CashFlow0day

New Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
that's my most used method in amazon. I never tried it with products that are more than 500$ worth' but for everyday items I do it quite frequently. maybe it's good just for big companies like amazon and Walmart because the y don't check for each and every item, just for the weight (which is the same in the switching method)

MSR605Master

New Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
Last seen
that's my most used method in amazon. I never tried it with products that are more than 500$ worth' but for everyday items I do it quite frequently. maybe it's good just for big companies like amazon and Walmart because the y don't check for each and every item, just for the weight (which is the same in the switching method)
I have always wondered how amazon and Walmart manage to handle the volume of returns they get. i have seen the returns pallets that are sold by amazon. it does seem like they just weigh it and throw it in a bin to be resold as a return but surely they dont do such a thing for a 600-2000 buck item.

CashFlow0day

New Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I have always wondered how amazon and Walmart manage to handle the volume of returns they get. i have seen the returns pallets that are sold by amazon. it does seem like they just weigh it and throw it in a bin to be resold as a return but surely they dont do such a thing for a 600-2000 buck item.
I remember seeing a post here from someone that worked in amazon and he explained their policy and how they operate. can't find it now.
Anyways, as I said, I'm actively doing it on a weekly basis with items that sometimes exceed the 300$ and it never failed me. sometimes you need to use SE for it to succeed (usually for larger items) but it's fairly easy

HellCatNPC

New Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
I remember seeing a post here from someone that worked in amazon and he explained their policy and how they operate. can't find it now.
Anyways, as I said, I'm actively doing it on a weekly basis with items that sometimes exceed the 300$ and it never failed me. sometimes you need to use SE for it to succeed (usually for larger items) but it's fairly easy
The thing is, if seals are "untouched" will they open it to verify?
Do they have scans to see if the item is indeed inside or just weight?

Runner64

New Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
The thing is, if seals are "untouched" will they open it to verify?
Do they have scans to see if the item is indeed inside or just weight?
Anything and everything that Amazon sells can end up in a liquidation pallet.

FreeTJ

New Contributor
Threads
Post Replies
Status
away
Last seen
they check the serial number and u fail

Users who are viewing this thread